Thursday, January 17, 2013

Break

Final exams end this week. I had my last one this morning. I wrote several pages on the emergence of customary law, the Palestinian quest for statehood and the legal debate surrounding the Bush Doctrine, and then that was it. I was done. I put on my coat and scarf and hurried home in the snow, more out of habit than any actual reason or need. I've been studying so hard, for so long, that now I have all this free time I don't know what to do with it!

The SAIS campus is effectively abandoned. My classmates are much more organized and forward-thinking than I am. They all made plans ages ago to travel to exotic locations, from Morocco to Vietnam. I suffered from finals-induced tunnel vision to such an extent that I made no plans at all. How sad! Hope is not lost for an enjoyable break, however. I am going to Sarajevo on a study trip at the end of next week. I'm thinking now of leaving a few days early to travel around the Balkans. Any recommendations?

It has been snowing here in the past couple days, but slush falling from the sky would be a more accurate description. I'm looking forward to a change of scene. I can't remember the last time I saw a blue sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment